Employer Compliance ResourcesThe challenge for today’s business is compliance with employer laws. Failure to comply with these laws can result in heavy fines which can cripple a business.
Here are links to external resources to help employers become more familiar with their legal responsibilities.
Accessing these links does not constitute legal advice. For legal or professional advice, please consult a qualified attorney or HR specialist.
Employee Benefits Security Administration Laws
Click on the term below to be directed to more information.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008
- Pension Protection Act (PPA)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act (NMHPA)
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA)
New Mexico New Hire Directory
Attention All Employers!
Federal and State law requires employers to report newly hired and re-hired employees in New Mexico to the New Mexico New Hire Directory.